Friday, October 23, 2009

Leavenworth

As many of you know, September was a tough month for us. I was 10 weeks pregnant when I went in for my first ultra sound and we couldn't find the heartbeat. I ended up having a D and C surgery and it was a very difficult few weeks. We know the Lord has a master plan and for some reason this pregnancy and little one was not meant to be. Thank you to all of our family and friends for their support.

So...when Matt and I had the opportunity to go to Leavenworth for a couple of days, it could not have come at a better time. It was a wonderful get away for the two of us and a much needed time to relax. We went hiking, ate a lot of good food, Matt went golfing (I got to drive the cart) and we slept too much! Leavenworth is a beautiful little town with a lot of character.









1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh my Gosh! JoEne, I am so sorry. I had no idea. I can only imagine how hard that was for you. As hard as it is, you are exactly right, though, it must not have been the right time, for whatever reason, only the Lord knows. What a great attitude to have about it. Again, I am so sorry.

Leavenworth is so pretty! We used to go there all the time when we lived in Spokane. It was always one of my FAVORITE places to go. I bet it was just beautiful this time of year. I'm glad you and Matt got to get away for a few days. Great pictures, too.