Thursday, March 5, 2009

A New Family Portrait



We had some big pieces of cardboard left over and Andrew told me he wanted to make a machine (he loves to make machines out of everything). I wasn't watching what he was doing because he was busy and quiet in the dining room. When he was finished and I turned around, this is what he had drawn - A Liezen Family Portrait. It wasn't a machine, but it was a work of art. I thought it was so cute because he explained that the hearts on our arms were there because we all love each other. He was also proud because he remembered to put ears on each of us.

We do love each other and I am so thankful for my family!

3 comments:

jonesfamily said...

That is so cute. I really think you should hang it somewhere in the house! Tell him I think it is a great family portrait...and great job on the ears!

Julie

Andrea said...

That is so cute! He did a really good job! That is definitely a keeper :) And BTW, I totally think we need to find a way to get together. I would LOVE to see you again. Let's try to figure out a way to make it happen!

bev said...

ANDREW:

GREAT WORK OF ART!!! IT REMINDS ME OF SOME RHETT AND LINDS USED TO DRAW. I STILL SOME OF THOSE AND LOOK AT THEM. IT IS FUN TO RECALL WHAT SHAPED THEIR LIVES. THIS IS A KEEPER FOR SURE...

LOVE YOU, AUNT BEV